uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA without Eclipse
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 08:21:13 GMT
Hi Oliver,

another thing you might find interesting is the Ruta workbench. It is a plugin for Eclipse
and focusses on a rule-based language for text analysis (e.g. information extraction). It
is somewhat comparable to the GATE JAPE component.

http://uima.apache.org/gscl13.html#gscl.workshop

It should also be possible to build and run pipelines within Ruta, although the construction
process is like involving writing, not clicking things together. But I believe it might be
more suitable for some of the UIMA component collections you find out there in the wild.

Maybe someone more familiar with Ruta can point you to a resource with examples on how to
build pipelines in Ruta.

If scripting is an option... the old DKPro Core website which had lots of examples using Groovy
and Jython but it is down now - however these examples are being moved to a new website and
some of then can currently be found here:

https://dkpro.github.io/dkpro-core/ - look under "Blog"

Cheers,

-- Richard