uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: FeaturePath vs. FeatureValuePath
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:44:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm not familiar with this area.  I did some looking, and found the original
note which motivated this change
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/200801.mbox/%3C4794BA4A.7030002@michael-baessler.de%3E

(Did a history on FeatureValuePath, found the UIMA-718 ref to deprecate the
"old" way, and it had this link).

This stuff probably hasn't been worked on since 2008-ish.

Is there an actual use case for wanting feature arrays in the middle?

In v3, it might work to replace all this with Java 8 stream + lambdas :-) as a
more general, standardized approach.

-Marshall