uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: UIMA without Eclipse
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 08:45:28 GMT
Hi,

Am 09.09.2015 um 10:21 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> another thing you might find interesting is the Ruta workbench. It is a plugin for Eclipse
and focusses on a rule-based language for text analysis (e.g. information extraction). It
is somewhat comparable to the GATE JAPE component.

> http://uima.apache.org/gscl13.html#gscl.workshop
>
> It should also be possible to build and run pipelines within Ruta, although the construction
process is like involving writing, not clicking things together. But I believe it might be
more suitable for some of the UIMA component collections you find out there in the wild.

> Maybe someone more familiar with Ruta can point you to a resource with examples on how
to build pipelines in Ruta.

Here's a simple example (withtout some syntactic sugar):
http://ki.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~pkluegl/publications/2014-NLE-Ruta.pdf
Page 9, Example 1
or here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/ruta/trunk/example-projects/ruta-maven-example/src/main/ruta/uima/ruta/example/Main.ruta?view=markup

Best,

Peter

> If scripting is an option... the old DKPro Core website which had lots of examples using
Groovy and Jython but it is down now - however these examples are being moved to a new website
and some of then can currently be found here: