uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: [UK OFFICIAL] Baleen - UIMA Based Text Analytics Framework
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:22:40 GMT
  Hi!

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 02:31:03PM +0100, Baker James D wrote:
> I would like to draw your attention to a text analytics framework that has just been
released by Dstl (part of the UK Ministry of Defence). It uses UIMA as part of its underlying
architecture but provides additional functionality on top of that, and simplifies much of
the user configuration and experience, as well as the development process. A number of collection
readers, annotators and consumers are included as part of the framework.

> The tool is called Baleen, and is released under Apache Software License 2.
>
> There is more information about the tool on the press release (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dstl-adds-to-open-source-software),
and on the GitHub page (https://github.com/dstl/baleen).

  Thanks for the heads up.  However, I haven't found any clear summary
of what is the framework capable of right now - I think you might want
to expand the generic description a bit with some examples and
use-cases.  I have been looking around a bit and seems like e.g.

	https://github.com/dstl/baleen/blob/master/baleen/baleen-annotators/src/main/java/uk/gov/dstl/baleen/annotators/cleaners/MergeAdjacentQuantities.java

is something that could be pretty useful, but you might want to make it
easier to discover the capabilities to get more users / contributors.

  Best,

				Petr Baudis