uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong CAS being passed on in AAE
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:44:21 GMT
Thanks Matt :)

The case that you describe applies if Martin is using the
AnalysisEngine-based signature:

SimplePipeline.runPipeline(reader, AnalysisEngine, AnalysisEngine, ...);

When using the AnalysisEngineDescription-based signature, then uimaFIT
will internally wrap all the given AEDs in another aggregate AED, so
the case should no longer apply.

SimplePipeline.runPipeline(reader, AnalysisEngineDescription,
  AnalysisEngineDescription, ...);

As a general recommendation: stay away from createEngine and createReader
unless you have a *really* good reason to use them. Better use
createEngineDescription and createReaderDescription everywhere and as
long as possible.

@Matt: I guess the approach you found could help SimplePipeline to work
much better when the AnalysisEngine-based signature is used. I'd
appreciate if you could open an issue for that in the Jira.

Cheers,

-- Richard