uima-user mailing list archives

From Matthew DeAngelis <roni...@gmail.com>
Subject Exposing a View to Downstream AEs
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 21:25:42 GMT
Hi all,

I have been hitting my head against this all afternoon, so I figured I'd
ask.

I am using a CollectionReader to read in HTML files and then using an AE to
add a view that contains the "clean", plaintext versions of those files. I
would like to pass the plaintext version to an AE downstream in the
pipeline (Stanford NLP's tokenizer from DKPro, specifically, for now);
currently, it only sees and tokenizes the original HTML file. Since the
tokenizer is not written by me, I would prefer to be able to modify my
view-creating AE instead of mucking about in someone else's.

I have tried using an Aggregate Analysis Engine to combine the AEs together
and Sofa mappings to connect the views, but the downstream AE does not have
any input views to connect to. When I add an input view named
"_InitialView" to both the Aggregate AE and the descriptor for the
tokenizer, I get an interesting-looking NPE in some deep sub-function of
the tokenizer that suggests I have not been successful.

Is there a way to tell my AE what view to pass as the "_InitialView", or
some way to set a different default view to pass?

Regards and thanks,
Matt