uima-user mailing list archives

From Sergii Poluektov <sergii.poluek...@googlemail.com>
Subject ResourceInitializationException: The class doesn't implement org.apache.uima.resource.SharedResourceObject
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 12:48:25 GMT
Hello Everyone,

i am trying to develop a simple analysis engine component which should make
use of an
external resource.I followed the example 6 from the UIMA tutorials and my
tests run without any
problems: The external resource is loaded, the analysis engine uses the
information stored in
the external resource and produces correct output.

However, after I packed the the component into a PEAR and then tried to
install it, the verification process
throws the ResourceInitializationException, saying that my external
resource implementation class
does not implement the org.apache.uima.resource.SharedResourceObject (even
though it does).

The fragment in the code where the error is thrown is in
org.apache.uima.resource.impl.ResourceManager_impl.java line 607.
During the debugging I could figure out that if the Application ClassLoader
is used (this is the case when
instantiating the component) to load the external resource implementation
class, then there is no error.
However when the UIMA extension ClassLoader is used then the error is
thrown(this is the case when
verifying the component).

I also checked that all the needed jars are included and that the class
path is correct.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Sergii