uima-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Ciosici <manuel.cios...@unsilo.com>
Subject UIMA Ruta doesn't detect previous annotations
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 12:54:25 GMT
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to ask about using UIMA Ruta.

I am trying to integrate Ruta in an UIMA pipeline after an AE and add some annotations based
on the ones added by the previous AE. Currently, my Ruta script doesn’t seem to be able
to pick up those previously existing annotations. I have saved the output from the previous
AE in an XMI file and I’m testing using the Eclipse workbench.

I can see the annotations from the previous AE in the Annotation Browser View, so they are
there, but when I look in the Applied Rules view, Ruta never attempts to apply the rule (shows
0/0 for attempts). I’ve tried creating some of the same annotations from my Ruta script
and these are seen by my other Ruta rules. I have also played around with various ways of
importing the types using TYPESYSTEM and IMPORT, but to no effect.

Here’s a sample script exhibiting this behaviour:

PACKAGE com.unsilo.ruta_test;
TYPESYSTEM com.unsilo.cproc.types.TestAnnotations;

XMLTagAnnotation.tagName == "Book" { -> XMLTagAnnotation.tagName = "BookPublisher”};

The TestAnnotations XML file is located in the descriptor folder under the path com/unsilo/cproc/types/TestAnnotations.xml.

Thank you,
Manuel