uima-user mailing list archives

From Martin Wunderlich <mar...@wunderlich.com>
Subject Running UIMA 2.8.1 in Eclipse Mars - Component Descriptor Editor not available
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 19:20:43 GMT
Hi,

Well, as the subject says, I am having issues with the current release version 2.8.1 and Eclipse
Mars. When I try to open an existing type system description (XML file) with the Component
Descriptor Editor, this is not possible, because the editor is not recognized. I have dropped
the org.apache.uima.desceditor_2.8.1.jar into the Eclipse plugin directory, restarted Eclipse
with the „-clean“ option and, AFAIK, this is all that should be necessary for installation.
But the editor is not even showing up in the list of internal editors with which I could open
the XML file.

Anyone using the Component Descriptor Editor under Eclipse Mars successfully? Is there any
special installation procedure?

Cheers,

Martin