uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong CAS being passed on in AAE
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:12:22 GMT
What signature of SimplePipeline do you use? The one based on AnalysisEngine or the one based
on AnalysisEngineDescription?

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 26.08.2015, at 21:07, Martin Wunderlich <martin_wu@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am running a SimplePipeline which consists of a Reader and two Aggregate Analysis Engines.
The output CAS of the first AAE is meant to feed into the second AAE. However, I find that
even though the output of the first AAE is correct, it is different from the input to the
second AAE. I have verified this by writing to XMI as the last step of AAE 1 and the first
step of AAE 2. In AAE 1 I have a CAS merger as the final step and a flow controller which
is set to drop the input CAS to the merger. This is working fine: Only the merged CAS remains
after the merge step. And yet, the input CAS to AAE 2 is missing the annotations which were
added by annotator steps in AAE 1 before the merge.

> If I combine both AAEs into one super-AAE and add this one to the SimplePipeline instead,
it works fine. So, there is a work-around. I am just curious why the AAEs might behave this
way when I have the separate.