uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wrong CAS being passed on in AAE
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:29:56 GMT
Uh, I've to step one back on this one:

I realize on a second and more thorough read that this part of the
documentation is about types, not about flow and that the
shared context not injected into existing engines (as I had first thought)
but passed during engine creation.

With the AnalysisEngine-based signatures, uimaFIT gets engine that
have already been created, so unfortuately, this is not applicable.

Also, typically uimaFIT uses type-autodetection such that all CASes
in the system normally have exactly the same type system. Thus,
the type incompatibilities mentioned here usually do not apply.

But really Matt, thanks anyway because I've to admit, I've hardly ever
read the UIMA documentation that there's probably lots of stuff in there
that I could learn (and meanwhile also understand, not like the first time
when I tried reading this years ago).

If you have any other idea what could be the problem, please shoot again!

-- Richard