uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Missing user-defined annotations from Aggregate Analysis Engine
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:35:29 GMT
This is just a wild guess... may be way off base.

There are multiple ways people look at CAS results; some use the CVD, some use
the Document Analyzer.

There's a "feature" of the DocumentAnalyzer viewer that surprises many people.
It looks at the pipeline's top level (usually aggregate) XML descriptor, and
only shows those types that are marked as "outputs".  That's the part of the XML
descriptor like this:

<analysisEngineMetaData>
  <capabilities>
    <capability>
      <outputs>
        <type ...>
        <feature ...>

This is most conveniently manipulated using the Component Descriptor Editor (an
Eclipse UIMA plugin).

So, if you concluded the annotations weren't there, but were looking at them
using the document analyzer approach, and didn't have the outputs configured,
that might explain why they're not showing up.

Of course, perhaps this has nothing at all to do with your situation :-) .

In which case, please post more details, if possible.

Cheers. -Marshall