uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Running UIMA 2.8.1 in Eclipse Mars - Component Descriptor Editor not available
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 03:41:16 GMT
Hi,

THe editor depends on other Eclipse UIMA plugins - that's why just dropping it
in by itself isn't working.

Can you try installing (into a new MARS unzip) the 2.8.1 Eclipse tools from
http://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site?

-Marshall

On 8/17/2015 3:20 PM, Martin Wunderlich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, as the subject says, I am having issues with the current release version 2.8.1
and Eclipse Mars. When I try to open an existing type system description (XML file) with the
Component Descriptor Editor, this is not possible, because the editor is not recognized. I
have dropped the org.apache.uima.desceditor_2.8.1.jar into the Eclipse plugin directory, restarted
Eclipse with the „-clean“ option and, AFAIK, this is all that should be necessary for
installation. But the editor is not even showing up in the list of internal editors with which
I could open the XML file.

> Anyone using the Component Descriptor Editor under Eclipse Mars successfully? Is there
any special installation procedure?