uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Getting UIMA working with Eclipse-- Cannot find main for Document Analyzer
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 03:00:50 GMT
I think you did everything right.

I tried this, and got the same error.

The imported examples project from the UIMA binary un-tarred distribution has
the class path set to include the jars from UIMA_HOME.  With UIMA_HOME properly
set, I don't see any compile errors in the uimaj-examples project in Eclipse.

And I see all these jar files from the UIMA_HOME/lib directory are in the classpath.

However, the Eclipse launcher doesn't seem to be picking up these.

Here's a workaround until we discover what's going on:

Pick the Eclipse menu "run" -> Run configurations, and then type
documentanalyzer into the search bar to find the UIMA Document Analyzer.  In
that launcher, pick the "Classpath" tab, and there, click the "User Entries, and
then manually add "External Jars".  Pick the two Jars that are in
UIMA_HOME/lib/uima-core and UIMA_HOME/lib/uimaj-tools

These should already be in the class path due to the "Build Path", buf for some
reason, are not.

Then try running.  When I did this, it ran.

-Marshall