uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta doesn't detect previous annotations
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 08:17:47 GMT
You are welcome.

The coverage-based filtering concept can be really annoying and is often
responsible for unintentionally missed rule matches. On  the other side
it introduces a greater expressiveness than in similar rule languages.
There are plans to extend it with additional old fashioned type-based
visibility so that these annoying use cases with a single space at the
beginning or end of an annotation can be ignored.

btw, there is the TRIM action (a shortcut for SHIFT or UNMARK/MARK),
which I commonly use to "repair" these annotations for rapid prototyping:

RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK);
XMLTagAnnotation{-> TRIM(SPACE,BREAK)};
RETAINTYPE;

Best,

Peter

Am 13.08.2015 um 09:31 schrieb Manuel Ciosici:
> Hello Peter,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much, your suggestion fixed my issue.
>
> Manuel
>
>> On 06 Aug 2015, at 15:15 , Peter Klügl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes this is the right place.
>>
>> First quick guess: filtering settings.
>>
>> Do your annotations starts with something invisible like MARKUP, SPACE
>> or BREAK?
>>
>> You can test it by adding a rule like the following before the others
>> are applied.
>>
>> Document{-> RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK, MARKUP)};
>>
>> or with ruta 2.3.0, only:
>>
>> RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK, MARKUP);
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> Am 06.08.2015 um 15:05 schrieb Manuel Ciosici:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I hope this is the right place to ask about using UIMA Ruta.
>>>
>>> I am trying to integrate Ruta in an UIMA pipeline after an AE and add some annotations
based on the ones added by the previous AE. Currently, my Ruta script doesn’t seem to be
able to pick up those previously existing annotations. I have saved the output from the previous
AE in an XMI file and I’m testing using the Eclipse workbench.

>>> I can see the annotations from the previous AE in the Annotation Browser View,
so they are there, but when I look in the Applied Rules view, Ruta never attempts to apply
the rule (shows 0/0 for attempts). I’ve tried creating some of the same annotations from
my Ruta script and these are seen by my other Ruta rules. I have also played around with various
ways of importing the types using TYPESYSTEM and IMPORT, but to no effect.