uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta doesn't detect previous annotations
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:15:00 GMT
Hi,

yes this is the right place.

First quick guess: filtering settings.

Do your annotations starts with something invisible like MARKUP, SPACE
or BREAK?

You can test it by adding a rule like the following before the others
are applied.

Document{-> RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK, MARKUP)};

or with ruta 2.3.0, only:

RETAINTYPE(WS, BREAK, MARKUP);

Best,

Peter

Am 06.08.2015 um 15:05 schrieb Manuel Ciosici:
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the right place to ask about using UIMA Ruta.
>
> I am trying to integrate Ruta in an UIMA pipeline after an AE and add some annotations
based on the ones added by the previous AE. Currently, my Ruta script doesn’t seem to be
able to pick up those previously existing annotations. I have saved the output from the previous
AE in an XMI file and I’m testing using the Eclipse workbench.

> I can see the annotations from the previous AE in the Annotation Browser View, so they
are there, but when I look in the Applied Rules view, Ruta never attempts to apply the rule
(shows 0/0 for attempts). I’ve tried creating some of the same annotations from my Ruta
script and these are seen by my other Ruta rules. I have also played around with various ways
of importing the types using TYPESYSTEM and IMPORT, but to no effect.