uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE when trying to get casProcessors from CPE description
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2015 17:10:25 GMT
Hi,

how to you build your CPE? The CAS processors should be set during setAnalysisEngine(...).

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 11.07.2015, at 10:18, Martin Wunderlich <martin_wu@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi  all,
>
> I am  trying to run a pair-wise classification experiment using the DKPro TC framework.
The execution fails during the meta-info stage due to a NullPointerException that originates
in the CpeBuilder class from UIMAfit v.2.1.0 (hence the post to this list and not the DKpro
list). I had a closer look at the code and the NPE is triggered at the following line in the
CpeBuilder:

> cpeDesc.getCpeCasProcessors().setPoolSize(maxProcessingUnitThreadCount + 2);
>
> The underlying root cause is that the casProcessors object returned by the call to cpeDesc
is Null, but I don’t understand why. The cpeDesc lists a number of fields as having Null
values:

> org.apache.uima.collection.impl.metadata.cpe.CpeDescriptionImpl:
> casInitializer = NULL
> configParameterSettings = NULL
> configurationParameterSettings = NULL
> import = NULL
> sofaNameMappings = NULL
> configurationParameterSettings = NULL
> cpeCasProcessors = NULL
> outputQueue = NULL
> startAt = NULL
> startingEntityId = NULL
>

> Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with the inner workings of the UIMA(fit) framework
so I am not sure how, why and where these fields were set to Null.