uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: UIMAj3 ideas
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 21:14:59 GMT
  Hi!

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 07:42:58PM +0000, Thomas Ginter wrote:
> Have you looked into using Leo?  It allows you to programmatically create Analysis Engines,
Aggregates, the type system, and launch everything in UIMA-AS without having to manage any
XML descriptors at all.  Furthermore it is available via Maven so your code can compile an
run.

> http://department-of-veterans-affairs.github.io/Leo/userguide.html

  I had a look, but got the impression that I'd have to rewrite most
of my pipeline generation code, and it's not small code.  Also, it's
not clear to me from Leo's docs whether and/or how it supports CAS
multipliers and mergers, there seem to be no references to that.

  This impression might have been wrong, but overally I'd just welcome
if I could stick with stock UIMA for scaleout at least in the form
of multi-threading without cluster scaleout (which I think many UIMA
users would welcome, and much smaller percentage wants to deploy to
a cluster), that's what I was trying to say originally.

--
				Petr Baudis
	If you have good ideas, good data and fast computers,