uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMAj3 ideas
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 19:51:40 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On 16.07.2015, at 21:42, Thomas Ginter <thomas.ginter@utah.edu> wrote:

> Have you looked into using Leo?  It allows you to programmatically create Analysis Engines,
Aggregates, the type system, and launch everything in UIMA-AS without having to manage any
XML descriptors at all.  Furthermore it is available via Maven so your code can compile an
run.

Did you find an API in UIMA AS to handle the programmatic generation of descriptors, or did
you implement that yourself in Leo (as I had tried to in DKPro Lab)?

If I remember correctly, then UIMA AS loaded plain XML descriptor files, transforms them to
a Spring Bean file using XSLT and then used Spring to instantiate it. But I may have missed
something.

Cheers,

-- Richard