uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMAfit analysis descriptions appear to trim String configuration parameters
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:02:48 GMT
Just as a quick feedback: uimaFIT (mind capitalization) is maintained in SVN, not in git.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uimafit

I have no idea what repository you are referring to ;)

Regarding the trimming, I have no idea right away. The parameter values are passed around
quite a bit.

Do you see a trimming when you create just a standalone descriptor for the HTMLConverter with
uimaFIT (outside an aggregate) and when serializing that to XML? If yes, do you see the trimming
before serializing it when you directly access the parameter values from the AnalysisEngineDescription
that uimaFIT has created for you?

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 14.06.2015, at 14:37, Mario Gazzo <mario.gazzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using the new gapText parameter in UIMA Ruta HTMLConverter I noticed that the string
is trimmed in the pipeline aggregation process e.g. “   .   “ ends up as “.” in the
pipeline and when writing the pipeline to XML. I don’t think it has anything to do with
the HTMLConverter in particular. We use UIMAfit to construct the aggregated analysis engine
description but I don’t know where this trimming exactly occurs. I was also able to run
a small example pipeline where the trim did not happen, which was a bit of a surprise. Does
anyone have an idea what could be the cause and whether its somehow controllable?

> We use a branch of UIMAfit that fixed some resource binding issue and we are currently
on commit e9b32e30895443b9f93fef65453593dd1533c7d0 with UIMA 2.7.