uima-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mario Gazzo <mario.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMAfit analysis descriptions appear to trim String configuration parameters
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:32:31 GMT
Done :)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4464 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4464>

Just pasted excerpts from this thread into the description.

Cheers
Mario


> On 15 Jun 2015, at 08:50 , Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
> 
> As far as I know, CPE does not work with in-memory descriptors (or I never dug deep enough).
So if you use CPE (e.g. through the uimaFIT CpeBuilder or otherwise), there is probably some
XML serialization of the descriptors involved. 
> 
> Anyway, I think that pinpoints the problem pretty precisely and it should be easy to
set up a test case for it. Would you mind opening a Jira with your findings?
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> -- Richard
> 
> On 15.06.2015, at 08:43, Mario Gazzo <mario.gazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> I am referring to to this Github repo:
>> 
>> https://github.com/apache/uima-uimafit <https://github.com/apache/uima-uimafit>
>> 
>> Thought it was published by you as a mirror of the SVN repo or the other way around.
>> 
>> The trimming is as such not a technical issue for me right now but I felt it might
become important in some other case. I just noticed it when I added ekstra spaces to improve
readability of my output. Initially I thought it was the HTMLConverter but when I inspected
it then I could see that it had happened somewhere before configuration parameter initialisation.
>> 
>> I then inspected the descriptor right after creation as you suggested. The value
was not trimmed at that point. Later during runtime initialisation without doing any XML serialization
this time, the value is trimmed inside ConfigurationManagerImplBase::getConfigParameterValue
right after the lookup operation (used debugger for value inspection). This was inside a UIMA
core component though but the trim occurs somewhere between descriptor creation and AE initialisation.
Seems this is not an UIMAfit issue afterall.
>> 
>> I did a small example app where the HTMLAnnotator and HTMLConverter descriptors were
also aggregated before execution but here the trimming did not materialise at runtime but
only in the serialised XML. Then it occurred to me that my example used the SimplePipeline
whereas our main application uses CPE. I then switched to the SimplePipeline and the trimming
was now gone there as well. Seems that trimming only happens inside the CPE and when XML serialising
the pipeline.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Mario
> 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message