uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Gazzo <mario.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMAfit analysis descriptions appear to trim String configuration parameters
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2015 12:37:01 GMT
Using the new gapText parameter in UIMA Ruta HTMLConverter I noticed that the string is trimmed
in the pipeline aggregation process e.g. “   .   “ ends up as “.” in the pipeline
and when writing the pipeline to XML. I don’t think it has anything to do with the HTMLConverter
in particular. We use UIMAfit to construct the aggregated analysis engine description but
I don’t know where this trimming exactly occurs. I was also able to run a small example
pipeline where the trim did not happen, which was a bit of a surprise. Does anyone have an
idea what could be the cause and whether its somehow controllable?

We use a branch of UIMAfit that fixed some resource binding issue and we are currently on
commit e9b32e30895443b9f93fef65453593dd1533c7d0 with UIMA 2.7.

Cheers
Mario