uima-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-threaded UIMA ParallelStep
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 13:01:10 GMT
Right about the flow controller. That's where UIMA-AS comes in. Assuming
that the CM has a casPool with enough CASes, and the aggregate is deployed
asynchronously, then each delegate will be running in its own thread and
can be processing CASes in parallel.

The ASB is a single-theaded controller used for deployment of synchronous
aggregates.

Is the intention here to use parallel processing to reduce latency for a
interactive application or to increase throughput for batch processing? For
throughput, why not just deploy the entire pipeline single-threaded and
then run multiple pipeline instances in separate threads? UIMA-AS would do
this by specifying N instances of a synchronous top-level aggregate.

Eddie