uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: Multi-threaded UIMA ParallelStep
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 12:49:51 GMT
  Hi!

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 07:56:33AM -0400, Eddie Epstein wrote:
> Parallel-step currently only works with remote delegates. The other
> approach, using CasMultipliers, allows an arbitrarily amount of parallel
> processing in-process. A CM would create a separate CAS for each delegate
> intended to run in parallel, and use a feature structure to hold a unique
> identifier in each child CAS which a custom flow controller would use to
> direct these CASes to the desired delegates. Results for the parallel flows
> could be merged in a CasConsumer back into the parent CAS or to some other
> output.

  Thanks for that hint.  However, I'm not sure how a flow controller
could direct CASes to delegates?  As far as I understand it, the flow
controller decides which AE processes the CAS next, but cannot control
the actual parallel execution of the flow, which would need to be taken
care by the ASB (Analysis Structure Broker), and that would be the thing
to hack in this case.  Am I missing something?

  Thanks,

				Petr Baudis