uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject UIMAFit vs. LEO
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 00:49:36 GMT
  Hi!

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 05:44:12PM +0000, Thomas Ginter wrote:
> There is also Leo which allows you to programmatically create pipelines, launch them
as UIMA-AS services, and manage types systems and clients without having to touch any descriptor
files.  You can find documentation at the site below:

> http://department-of-veterans-affairs.github.io/Leo/userguide.html

  I'm wondering how does UIMAFit and LEO fit together.  My impression
right now is:

  * They both have the same goal.

  * Mixing them in the same pipeline might get messy(?)

  * LEO advantage is that it seamlessly works with UIMA-AS (in fact it's
    built around UIMA-AS).

  * UIMAFit advantage is (if nothing else) vastly wider ecosystem.

  Did I get this about right?

  Thanks,

				Petr Baudis