uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Gazzo <mario.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Injecting nested resources using UIMA fit
Date Sun, 24 May 2015 11:19:54 GMT
Works nicely now, Richard. Thanks a lot :)

I will run with the 2.2.0 branch from the Git repository in the coming period and I will report
back if I stumble upon any issues.

Is there some time horizon for the final release?

Cheers
Mario

> On 24 May 2015, at 02:26 , Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ok, so for what it's worth - bindExternalResource() should also have worked
> in the way that you used it and it was a bug that it didn't.
>
> So both of these issues are sorted out now:
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4425
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4426
>
> I can now run your code with "bindResourcesFirst" set to true.
> In fact, resourceA must be bound to resourceB before resourceB
> is bound to further things.
>
> We're not supposed to expose users to unreleased artifacts...
> but if you know how to get the latest uimaFIT from SVN and hook it
> up to your code, it wouldn't hurt if you could give the fixes
> a spin in your environment.
>
> -- Richard
>

> On 23.05.2015, at 22:52, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 23.05.2015, at 22:45, Mario Gazzo <mario.gazzo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you, Richard. The reason I use bindExternalResource is because I have a
light DSL layer on top where everything get’s wired together from different aggregate modules.
This way the modules don’t need to be that tightly coupled up front but I just do the binding
generically right before the execution. The example doesn’t show this.

>> ... ok, I'll double check again whether bindExternalResource really cannot be used
as you did here ... after fixing the other problem.