uima-user mailing list archives

From Mario Gazzo <mario.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA CPE appears not to utilise more than a single thread
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:44:39 GMT
It appears that I can only utilise a single CAS processor even if I specify many more. I am
not sure what I am doing wrong but I think I must be missing something important in my configuration.

We only need multithreading and not the distributed features of UIMA CPE or similar. I copied
and modified the UIMA FIT CpePipeline and CpeBuilder to do this and I only altered thread
counts and error handling since I want the CAS just to be dropped on exceptions. I have verified
that the accurate number of CAS processors are created using the debugger and I can in JConsole
see that an equivalent amount of active threads are created but only one thread seems to be
fed from my simple custom collection reader, which in the simple test setup only reads input
entries from a file. I can see this because I log the thread id inside the AEs, which is always
the same. I have also verified that the CAS pool size equals the number of processors + 2.

Is there some additional collection reader configuration required to feed all the other CAS
processors?