uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA CPE appears not to utilise more than a single thread
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:58:36 GMT
Hi,

you have to inherit from the uimaFIT version of JCasAnnotator_ImplBase, not from the UIMA
core version. Please make sure that your import is:

import org.apache.uima.fit.component.JCasAnnotator_ImplBase

Cf. http://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-2.1.0/api/org/apache/uima/fit/component/JCasAnnotator_ImplBase.html

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 14.04.2015, at 13:53, Mario Gazzo <mario.gazzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks guys.
>
> Both suggestions gav me some key points to work with in order to solve the problem. It
turned out that the analysis engines in question oddly inherited from JCasConsumer_ImplBase
and not JCasAnnotator_ImplBase. Couldn’t see the forrest for the trees :)

> Anyway, this suddenly caused a new problem to appear. Parameters set in the analysis
engine descriptions generated by UIMA FIT no longer gets loaded and injected. Switching back
to JCasConsumer_ImplBase gets them injected again but then its single-threaded. Are there
any additional annotations (descriptors) or some other configuration parameters I need to
set?