uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Developing UIMA Ruta Rules in Maven Projects
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:45:00 GMT
On 30.03.2015, at 17:03, Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some UIMA Ruta users of you have maybe already noticed that the support for developing
UIMA Ruta rules in maven-based projects will be improved in the next release. The first step
is now done with a maven plugin for building descriptors (analysis engine and type system).

Does the IDE have some kind of support for this?
I.e. can one build ruta projects in the IDE using m2e?
It would be great if one could add ruta Maven projects as dependencies to Java projects.
Others might love adding Java projects as dependencies to Ruta projects.
Or to add dependencies between Ruta projects.

> I want to cover and support  as many development use cases as possible in the next release.
>
> Thus, some questions:
> Are there any wishes like specific stuff that should be configurable?

Would be good to see a running example.

> Should there be a maven plugin for building MTWL directories?
> Are there opinions for default source folders, e.g., something like src/main/ruta?

+1

Cheers,

-- Richard