uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Approach for keeping track of formatting associated with text views
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 08:23:50 GMT
Hi,

I implemented something. If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at the
new HtmlConverterXmlTest for exmaples.

Best,

Peter

Am 14.03.2015 um 14:49 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
> No problem. You can contact me anytime in case you have additional questions.
>
>> On 14 Mar 2015, at 14:34 , Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> thanks for the issue and sorry for the delayed response. I did not yet find the time
to look into it, but I will the next days.

>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 13.03.2015 um 23:51 schrieb Mario Gazzo:
>>> The issue has now been created:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4286 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-4286>

the document annotation if no text content is associated with the tag. However, ideally I
would prefer that tag annotations get the offsets of content that is within their scope but
otherwise get offsets of content within their closest shared ancestor element. Ultimately
this could end up being the document annotation. E.g.

Sciences</publisher-name>

its scope, which in the converted view of my experiments gets combined to the following “Environ
Health PerspectEnvironmental Health Perspectives0091-6765National Institute of Environmental
Health Sciences”. This works as expected when I just disable the “inBody”-flag of the
HtmlConverterVisitor except that there is no clear separation between the content elements
any longer, which is why I would like to have a sentence separator like “. ” between them
so that I instead get: “Environ Health Perspect. Environmental Health Perspectives. 0091-6765.
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.”. The dot separators should then of
course not be included in the converters offsets since they are not part of the original text.

within its scope but it contains attribute values:

the tag is most closely related to that content. In case there is no content within the scope
of its parent then I would find the first ancestor that contains content within its scope
and use that offset although this choice is questionable. I haven’t a good example of this
case though so I presume they are in reality rare.

if I could just easily turn off the “inBody”-test in the HtmlConverterVisitor and have
some way to add content separation between tags outside body without resorting to code modifications.

I like to

processing article
XML format. We need to
NL analysis engines that