uima-user mailing list archives

From Valentin Tablan <v.tab...@gmail.com>
Subject NPE in RUTA
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 15:11:23 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting the following exception in RUTA:

[snip]
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRuleElement.isAlreadyCovered(RutaRuleElement.java:130)
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRuleElement.startMatch(RutaRuleElement.java:62)
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.ComposedRuleElement.startMatch(ComposedRuleElement.java:83)
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.ComposedRuleElement.startMatch(ComposedRuleElement.java:73)
at org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRule.apply(RutaRule.java:47)
at org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRule.apply(RutaRule.java:40)
at org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRule.apply(RutaRule.java:29)
at org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaScriptBlock.apply(RutaScriptBlock.java:63)
at org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaModule.apply(RutaModule.java:48)
at org.apache.uima.ruta.engine.RutaEngine.process(RutaEngine.java:494)
... 13 more

Going through the trace, I can't see how that could ever not cause an NPE:
ComposedRuleElement.java:83 calls startMatch(extendedMatch, null,
composedMatch, this, stream, crowd), providing null for ruleApply, which is
ultimately dereferenced at RutaRuleElement.java:130

Am I using some strange language construct that causes it to go down some
unexpected branch?

Thanks,
Valentin

--