uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Ruta parallel execution
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 12:31:41 GMT
Am 29.12.2014 um 16:24 schrieb Silvestre Losada:
> Thanks for your answer, I was working in this way and seems to be best
> approach. The problem here is that I need to setup several RutaEngines in
> the pipe, it would be nice if RutaStream or at least ruta annotations
> generated can be reused from one RutaEngine to another RutaEngine in same
> pipe, to avoid duplicated information. If you wish I can implement it and
> submit a patch to you.

Oh yes, this causes a real slowdown when applying several scripts within
a pipeline. All help is welcome :-)

The main problem is that ruta requires additional indexing information
for conditions like PARTOF (which otherwise would be terribly slow). I
don't think that reusing the RutaStream would help because there could
be an arbitrary analysis engine changing arbitrary annotations. The
RutaBasic annotations are already reused to some extend, but the
indexing is done again. My first guess would be that we add another
configuration parameter with a list of all types that analysis engines
applied after the last ruta engine may have changed. Some helper methods
could set these values automatically given a pipeline. We could also use
the capabilities of the engines, but I am not sure that they are always
correctly set.

What do you think?

Best,

Peter