uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Ruta parallel execution
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:54:06 GMT
Am 19.12.2014 15:10, schrieb Silvestre Losada:
> Hi Jens,
>
> First of all thanks for your detailed answer. UIMA ruta has an option in
> order to execute an analisys engine from ruta script here
> <http://goo.gl/ekbhv8> is described. So inside the script you can execute
> the analysis engine and then apply some rules to the annotations created by
> the analysis engine. What I want is to have the option to execute the
> analysis engines in parallel to save time. Would it be possible?

That's not possible in that way that you use more or other processes for
the contained analysis engine than for the ruta script. The analysis
engine and the rules can be parallelized together as one analysis engine
namely that one of the script.

You should probably extract the analysis engine into a pipeline, which
applies the analysis engine and then the script (resp. its analysis
engine). Then, the normal UIMA-AS setting applies.

Best,

Peter