uima-user mailing list archives

From Lou DeGenaro <lou.degen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUCC-1.1.0: Machines are going down very frequently
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:33:09 GMT
What do you have defined in your ducc.properties for
ducc.rm.node.stability and ducc.agent.node.metrics.publish.rate?  The
Web Server considers a node down according to the following
calculation:

private long getAgentMillisMIA() {
        String location = "getAgentMillisMIA";
        long secondsMIA = DOWN_AFTER_SECONDS*SECONDS_PER_MILLI;
        Properties properties = DuccWebProperties.get();
        String s_tolerance = properties.getProperty("ducc.rm.node.stability");
        String s_rate =
properties.getProperty("ducc.agent.node.metrics.publish.rate");
        try {
            long tolerance = Long.parseLong(s_tolerance.trim());
            long rate = Long.parseLong(s_rate.trim());
            secondsMIA = (tolerance * rate) / 1000;
        }
        catch(Throwable t) {
            logger.warn(location, jobid, t);
        }
        return secondsMIA;
    }

The default is 65 seconds. Note that the Web Server has no effect on
actual operations in this case.  If is just a reporter of information.

Lou.