uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: Exception handling
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 08:37:32 GMT
Hello Sumit and Richard!

I've used CpeBuilder from uimaFIT as basis for my own. Essentially, I removed setAnalysisEngine()
and made addProcessor() public. Doing so I can set everything I need so far. But it's a very
specific and therefore limited first try. Nothing to be contributed yet.

There is another kind of issue. CollectionProcessingEngine.process() starts the CPE in a new
thread but never notifies when it's done. Is this correct? I adapted the StatusCallbackListener
from the CPE example in uimaj-examples for my needs. Is this really the way it's meant to
be?

Thanks,
Armin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:rec@apache.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. November 2014 14:04
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Exception handling

Hi,

the CpeBuilder implementation is very basic. Please feel invited to file issues against it
- and of course you can also submit patches if you have them ;)

Cheers,

-- Richard

On 07.11.2014, at 13:34, <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de> <Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de>
wrote:

> Hi Sumit!
>
> Setting dropCasOnException works. org.apache.uima.fit.cpe.CpeBuilder::createProcessor()
is private and ACTION_ON_MAX_ERROR a static field. It seems to me that the CpeBuilder is missing
some methods. There should be a method to create a new processor from a given analysis engine
with some of those options and add (not set) it to the CPE, just as with AggregateBuilder.