uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: AW: Exception handling
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:34:56 GMT
Hi Sumit!

Setting dropCasOnException works. org.apache.uima.fit.cpe.CpeBuilder::createProcessor() is
private and ACTION_ON_MAX_ERROR a static field. It seems to me that the CpeBuilder is missing
some methods. There should be a method to create a new processor from a given analysis engine
with some of those options and add (not set) it to the CPE, just as with AggregateBuilder.

Thanks,
Armin

-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sumit Madan [mailto:sumit.madan@scai.fraunhofer.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. November 2014 11:52
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Exception handling

On 07/11/14 11:39, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
> Hi Sumit,

Hi Armin,

> I've got a CPE up and running. But where do the interfaces CpeIntegratedCasProcessor
and CpeCasProcessors fit in? Can you point me to some documentation or example source code,
please?

yeah sure.

Check the method in the
org.apache.uima.fit.cpe.CpeBuilder::createProcessor(). In this method
you can set the ActionOnMaxError. Currently, it is defined to terminate
the pipeline when an exception occurs.

Check the method org.apache.uima.fit.cpe.CpeBuilder::createCpe(). In the
method after the call of setProcessingUnitThreadCount() you can call
cpeDesc.getCpeCasProcessors().setAttributeValue("dropCasOnException",
<VALUE>) to set the dropCasOnException Value.

Documentation can be found under
http://uima.apache.org/downloads/releaseDocs/2.3.0-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html#ugr.ref.xml.cpe_descriptor.descriptor.cas_processors.individual.

See the errorHandling element.

Hope it helps.

Regards
   Sumit

--
Mit freundlichem Gru├č / Best regards

Sumit Madan

Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin

Room: C3-140
Tel.: +49 2241 14 2997