uima-user mailing list archives

From <Armin.Weg...@bka.bund.de>
Subject AW: Filter Cas from UIMA fit pipeline
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:04:27 GMT
Hi Carsten,

I've never used it, but according to the documentation you can do this with a  flow controller.
The bad thing is, Richard told me a while ago that it is not so easy to build your own flow
controller.

Cheers,
Armin

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Carsten Schnober [mailto:schnober@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. November 2014 14:55
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Filter Cas from UIMA fit pipeline

Hi,
I wonder whether there is a recommended way to remove certain (J)Cas'
(i.e. documents) from a pipeline after reading.
The scenario in my case is that I use a standard reader
(BinaryCasReader) which returns many documents. I only want a subset of
these documents to be processed by the following pipeline (comprising a
segmenter, a writer and some other engines), subject to a certain value
in a custom annotation.

The initial intuition would be to use/implement a reader that only
selects those documents that fulfil the given condition. In my case that
would mean, however, that I'd need to implement a new Reader extending
the BinaryCasReader by the described functionality. From a high-level
view at least, this seems much more complicated than just removing
documents from the pipeline.
Can I avoid that effort somehow without breaking conventions?

Thanks!
Carsten

--
Carsten Schnober, M.Sc.