uima-user mailing list archives

From Jim Challenger <chall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DUCC 1.1.0- How to Run two DUCC version on same machines with different user
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:36:21 GMT
An excellent question by Lou.

Been wracking my brains over what would cause the agent instability and
this would absolutely do it.

What will likely happen if you try to run 2 DUCCs on the same machines
if you don't change the broker
port, is the second DUCC will see the broker alive and figure all is
well.  There are a number of
use-cases where this is acceptable so we don't throw an alert, e.g. if
you choose to use a non-DUCC
managed broker (as we do here).

To add to the confusion, sometimes the 'activemq stop' that DUCC issues
doesn't work, for reasons out
of DUCC control, so when you think the broker is down, it isn't.

Try this:
1.  stop all the DUCCS, then use the ps command to make sure there is no
errant broker. I use this:
        ps auxw | grep DUCC_AMQ_PORT
      and kill -9 any process that it shows.
2.  Now start JUST ONE DUCC, I suggest the 1.1.0, and see if life gets
better.  1.1.0 has some nice
      things so you'll be better with that if we can make it work for you.

Jim