uima-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Madan <sumit.ma...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: AW: Filter Cas from UIMA fit pipeline
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 09:19:46 GMT
Hi Carsten,

I had this experience too that a flow controller is not easy to build.
But may be you can use a workaroud. You can put a new AE in-between
(BinaryCasReader and Segmenter). This AE would throw an exception when a
(J)Cas doesn't fit your rules. With the UIMA options dropCasOnException
and ActionOnMaxError, UIMA can drop those (J)Cases and go further with
the wanted ones.

Regards
   Sumit

On 07/11/14 09:04, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> I've never used it, but according to the documentation you can do this with a  flow controller.
The bad thing is, Richard told me a while ago that it is not so easy to build your own flow
controller.

--
Mit freundlichem Gru├č / Best regards

Sumit Madan

Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin

Room: C3-140
Tel.: +49 2241 14 2997