uima-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Madan <sumit.ma...@scai.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Exception handling
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 14:29:30 GMT
Hi Armin,

I think you can use thes option DropCasOnException and ActionOnMaxError.
The last option can have three values: disable, terminate and continue.

See methods:
  - CpeIntegratedCasProcessor::setActionOnMaxError()
  - CpeCasProcessors::setAttributeValue() to set dropCasOnException.

Regards
   Sumit

On 06/11/14 10:02, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
> I think that the CPE can do something like that. Otherwise, it sounds like something
that might be realizable through a custom flow controller.

> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
> On 06.11.2014, at 09:17, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> An exception in an analysis engine causes the whole pipeline to crash. That’s not
what I want? The processing of the current document should stop. To do so, I can catch the
exception in that engine. But afterwards no more engines should touch that document. The pipeline
should continue with the next document. How to do that?

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

Sumit Madan

Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing (SCAI)
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin

Room: C3-140
Tel.: +49 2241 14 2997