uima-user mailing list archives

From jeffery yuan <yuanyu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could UIMA AS client send custom key value parameters to annotator?
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 03:57:27 GMT
Marshall Schor <msa@...> writes:

> To do this, you write (or modify and existing) remote annotator that is
doing
> the work of running the regex's.
>
> So, for example the remote annotator could read the "Control" FS, and (I'm
> making up this design - it may not be suitable...) take the value of some
> feature as the regex to run.
>
> The key here is that this approach requires customizing the client and the
> remote to create and read the new control FS.
>
> -Marshall

Thanks a lot for your help, Marshall.
Based on your and Eddie's suggestion, I add on dedicated feature structure:
org.apache.uima.entities:entities in RegExAnnotator.xml.

Client will specify value for this feature as ssn,creditcard, at
RegExAnnotator, it will check the value of this feature, and only run needed
regex.

This works well.

Thanks again : )