uima-user mailing list archives

From Jeffery Yuan <yuanyu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could UIMA AS client send custom key value parameters to annotator?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 20:51:20 GMT
Eddie Epstein <eaepstein@...> writes:

> There is no mechanism for a uima-as client to modify the result
> specification of a remote service. Since type/feature control cannot
> indicate many other behavioral characteristics, like speed vs accuracy
> tradeoffs, the suggested approach for dynamic control is to use dedicated
> feature structures in the submitted CAS.

Hi, Eddie Epstein:

Thanks a lot for your response.

And please forgive me my next maybe obvious question - but I am quite new to
UIMA, not familiar with its concept.

Could you elaborate on how to use dedicated feature structures to dynamic
control remote Annotator behavior? Especially how to use it to make cleint
control which regex run at remote?

Thanks a million.