uima-user mailing list archives

From Kameron Cole <kameronc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: looking for lots of example UIMA code
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:43:41 GMT

Thanks for the references.  As for the samples on the UIMA sight, this is
quite a find.  I have been on this site for 10 years now, and never really
stumbled across it.  Just to be sure, this is where I am finding the most
useful examples:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.6.0/uimaj-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/examples/

Am I missing anything?

Thanks also to Sergey.  My main interest these days is inter-leaving UIMA
code in the custom stages of IBM Watson Content Analytics.  That leaves the
arduous work of making annotations to the "wizard" style development
environment of WCA Studio, and the UIMA portion I use for "call outs" to
other programs.

Currently, I want to do a couple of things with UIMA API:

1) I am trying to build in an engine that does "generative lexical
analysis" (for example,
http://www.springer.com/computer/ai/book/978-94-007-5188-0). In theory,
call outs to some "lexicon" supply syntactic and logical features in UIMA.
For example, "a square peg and a round hole" are an intuitive mismatch to
humans, but not to machines. The Lexicon, emulating the internal "human
lexicon", supplies the details about "square" and "round", and then some
logic engine must have incompatibility rules.

2) Also trying to find the best Java logic implementation to embed into the
UIMA code.  Have found JLogic, a Java port of Prolog, but don't really find
it easy to use.

Thanks again!