uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMA Ruta into jar?
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:10:12 GMT
On 23.10.2014, at 00:39, Piyush Paliwal <piyushpaliwal90@gmail.com> wrote:

> As an example, I wish to import the following types from TypeSystem.xml
> descriptor which also resides in same folder as script (both files now in
> Java project).
>
> //import the additional annotations types and alias in short name
>
> IMPORT de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.lexmorph.type.pos.NN FROM
> uima.ruta.example.TypeSystem  AS _NN;
>
> IMPORT de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.syntax.type.constituent.PP FROM
> uima.ruta.example.TypeSystem AS _PP;

I assume you are invoking Ruta via uimaFIT? If yes, then you should make
sure that uimaFIT can find all necessary type systems via the type detection
mechanism [1].

If you not using uimaFIT or if you have some special way to create your
CASes, make sure that when the CAS is created, all types that all your
scripts need are already loaded at that point.

UIMA does not allow to change the type system while a pipeline is running.
Thus the IMPORT declarations will normally not be interpreted when the script
is executed.

I do not know how the IMPORT (type) AS (alias) is implemented. If the alias
is set up at execution time and not at CAS initialization time, it should
work.

Alexandre?

Cheers,

-- Richard