uima-user mailing list archives

From Petr Baudis <pa...@ucw.cz>
Subject Re: looking for lots of example UIMA code
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:54:24 GMT
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:43:41PM -0400, Kameron Cole wrote:
> Thanks for the references.  As for the samples on the UIMA sight, this is
> quite a find.  I have been on this site for 10 years now, and never really
> stumbled across it.  Just to be sure, this is where I am finding the most
> useful examples:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/uimaj/tags/uimaj-2.6.0/uimaj-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/examples/
>
> Am I missing anything?

  Also make sure you look at uimafit.  It makes buildling pipelines so
much easier, and also has some examples.

> Thanks also to Sergey.  My main interest these days is inter-leaving UIMA
> code in the custom stages of IBM Watson Content Analytics.  That leaves the
> arduous work of making annotations to the "wizard" style development
> environment of WCA Studio, and the UIMA portion I use for "call outs" to
> other programs.

  If you are looking for example of UIMA pipeline code rather than
UIMA annotator code, https://github.com/brmson/yodaqa has a moderately
interesting branched CAS pipeline.  I had quite a lot of trouble finding
other open source code examples that implement a non-linear pipeline.

				Petr Baudis