uima-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Lucas
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:33:21 GMT
Hello,

when I helped out with the Solr integration we still used UIMA to index
documents in our search servers.
We don't do that anymore. The indexing code now runs directly as a
MapReduce job for batch indexing, and
in Storm for real time indexing.

Jörn

On 08/26/2014 09:43 AM, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
> Hi Erik and Jörn,
>
> I've used Solr in the meantime. It is so easy to quickly write a CAS consumer that sends
documents to a Solr web service. Writing to a Lucene index is minimally more work. Could this
be the reason why nobody cares about the outdated version? Is there really a need for Lucas
and Solrcas anymore? What do you think? It would be nice to have some opinions on this.

> Of all people reading this list, who wants to have a Lucas or Solrcas for the current
version of Lucene?

> Cheers,
> Armin

SVN but not in the maven repository. I was also not aware a patch would be required to get
it to work, I am using it in its current SVN state, including the splitter filter.
> I would be willing to help with a migration and contribute to discussions/plans. However,
I won't have time to do it all on my own, especially since I use it as a bridge to Solr/ElasticSearch
that kind of remedies the version difference. Thus I use it with newer Solr/ES versions without
problems so far.

> I will be on vacations for two weeks, after that I'd be available for contributions.
>
> Best,
>
> Erik
>
>> On 22 Aug 2014, at 15:36, Jörn Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It would probably nice to migrate those to the current versions of Lucene/Solr.
>>
>> Jörn
>>
>>> On 08/13/2014 08:44 AM, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
>>> Hi Renauld,
>>>
>>> that's nice, thank you. Are you using Lucene 4.x or an older version?
>>>
>>> It's a while ago, that I've asked that question and I didn't get much response.
Is the project dead? Is it just to easy to code a simple annotator for Lucene or Solr to justify
the effort maintaining Lucas and Solrcas?