uima-user mailing list archives

From Egbert van der Wal <e...@pointpro.nl>
Subject Re: UIMA AS NullPointerException in CasDefinition constructor
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:07:18 GMT
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have limited time to work on this so my
response may be slow now and again, but I'm still working on it. Your input
is very much appreciated!

First of all, the command:

runRemoteAsyncAE.sh/cmd tcp://localhost:61616
MeetingDetectorTaeQueue \
         -d Deploy_MeetingDetectorTAE.xml \
         -c
$UIMA_HOME/examples/descriptors/collection_reader/FileSystemCollectionR
eader.xml

completes without any errors, so the example seems to be running fine.

I've been fiddling around with it and I was able to pinpoint the problem to
the collection reader. I have a collection reader (subclassed from
CollectionReader_ImplBase) that is added to the AsynchronousEngine.
However, it does not seem to be the specific implementation.

I've reduced all code / annotators etc to a very basic set that still shows
the problem, where the AE only has one (very basic) annotator and the
Collection Reader actually doesn't do anything except stating that there's
nothing left to do.

I'll attach the Minimum Working Examples (or actually, not-working
examples) that I've constructed to pinpoint the problem.

Commenting out line 62 (the call to setCollectionReader) 'fixes' the
problem. However, as you can see, the implementation of MWEReader
doesn't do anything at all, so I don't really see why it would cause this
trouble.

Any ideas on what is causing this problem?

Thanks,

Egbert

<ewal@pointpro.nl>