uima-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Patry <alexandre.pa...@keatext.com>
Subject Re: Ruta - best practices for unit tests?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 01:04:12 GMT
Hi Renaud,

On 14-08-18 05:30 PM, Renaud Richardet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What are best practices for writing unit tests for Ruta?
>
> Ideally, I would like to have 1) tests that can be run on the command line
> (so as to automate them in Jenkins), and
We use JUnit and it works quite well for us. I have a small example
project on github with a RUTA script and its unit test
(https://github.com/apatry/ruta-with-maven). You can also look at RUTA
test suite if you want more examples
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/uima/ruta/trunk/ruta-core/src/test/java/org/apache/uima/ruta/).
> 2) where input and expected output
> can be edited in a text editor (meaning: not xmi's or java code).
Is there a reason why you want to avoid Java code for unit tests?
Building and inspecting CAS in Java for each test allow a lot of
flexibility and makes it possible to test each analysis engine outside
of its pipeline. And uimaFIT is an excellent tool for that
(http://uima.apache.org/uimafit.html).

Hope this help,

Alexandre

--