uima-user mailing list archives

From Swirl <lriwsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy entire uima as service in multiple nodes
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 03:09:30 GMT
Swirl <lriwswirl@...> writes:

> Hi,
> I am trying to use Uima AS to deploy one of my UIMA Aggregate AE.
> I wish to deploy it as a Uima AS Primitive, i.e. I do not need the
delegates
> of this AE to be scaled out. Instead I just want to scale out the Uima
> aggregate AE only. I want to deploy the AE in multiple nodes.

OK, some answers from myself...

I simply copy all required jars (of my AE) and descriptors to all machines
that I want the AE deployed.
I start the broker on one of the machines (it should be possible to use a
dedicated machine to act as the broker).
I do a "deployAsyncService" on all the machines, specifying the "brokerURL"
as tcp://<brokerMachine>:61616.

To test, I do "runRemoteAsyncAE" on a separate machine containing the input
files to be passed to the AE, again specifying the "brokerURL" as
tcp://<brokerMachine>:61616.

>From my logs on all the machines, I can see that some CASes are distributed
to all the machines with the deployed services.

Are the above steps correct?