uima-user mailing list archives

From James Baker <james.d.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing additional parameters through to CPE components
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:19:55 GMT
Is it possible to provide additional configuration parameters in a CPE
descriptor XML file that aren't specified in the annotator/collection
reader descriptor XML file?

I have a collection reader that accepts the classname of a class to use to
do the content extraction as a parameter. This works fine, but I'd like to
be able to pass additional parameters to the content extractor via the XML.
The parameters will be dependant on the content extractor though, so I
can't specify them in the collection reader descriptor. For example,
ContentExtractor1 might need a parameter 'encoding', and ContentExtractor2
might need a parameter 'baseUrl'.

I have been able to achieve this with UimaFIT by creating the collection
reader without the XML and injecting the parameters, but when I try and do
it from the XML file the parameters don't make it through to my content
extractor (I pass the UimaContext object through to the content extractor).
I suspect they might be being ignored by UIMA because they aren't in the
descriptor. How can I work around this?

Thanks,
James